Debate around NGOs in Whitehorse with councillor and mayoral candidates
October 18, 2018, is the date of the City of Whitehorse election. VBY gave non-profit organisations in Whitehorse the opportunity to think about the issues that matter to them.
On September 28, 5:00 pm to 7:15 pm at MacBride Museum (2nd Floor), VBY gathered councillor and mayoral candidates to discuss the non-profit sector, and the challenges we all face. 3 mayoral candidates as well as 18 councillor candidates attended the debate. One candidate was represented by someone else (Introduction only).
Please click here to listen to the recording of the 2018 City of Whitehorse debate around the non-profit sector.
We received 21 questions from NGOs, based on these questions we asked 8 final questions trying to include everyone's concerns.
Message for non-profit organisations from Eileen Melnychuk (Councillor Candidate)
Please click here for details regarding the format for the Debate.
Thank You Volunteers:
- Jaret Slipp (MC), executive director of YuKonstruct
- Kelty MacGillvray
- RP Singh
- Rebecca Fenton
- Jordan Ogburn
Thank You NGO Participants: (Updated October 2, 2018)
- Volunteer Bénévoles Yukon
- MacBride Museum
- CJUC The Juice 92.5 FM
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Nakai Theatre
- United Way Yukon
- Yukon Historical Museums Association
- Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous Society
- Wildwise Yukon
- Humane Society Yukon
- Boys & Girls Club
- Arctic Inspiration Prize
- Habitat for Humanity Yukon
- Whitehorse Firefighters Charitable Society
- Japanese Canadian Association of the Yukon (JCAY)
- Yukon Conservation Society
- Rivers to Ridges
- Raven Recycling
- Yukon Transportation Museum
- Yukon Learn
- Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games
Thank you to the City of Whitehorse, to Unitec, to the MacBride Museum, and to CJUC 92.5 FM The Juice