Youth on Board
Find full-time, hard-working and responsible staff for your ORGANIZATION while receiving extra funding for employee’s wage
Youth on Board Has a Solution for You!
Program Requirements for the Organization:
- Ready to make a difference and help youth gain their first work experience.
- Registered Not-for-Profit Organization located in the Yukon.
- Willing to provide full-time (35 hours per week) of continuous employment (20 weeks).
- Completed Documents required ( Intake Form, Certificate of Status, Subsidy Agreement, Job Description, Contract or Letter of Agreement)
- Member of Volunteer Bénévoles Yukon
Our Mission: To find job opportunities for unemployed youth in Yukon by providing professional and technical training sessions that lead directly to career-building experience with not-for-profit organizations.
Our Vision: To empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
Program Requirements for Youth:
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant territorial / provincial legislation and regulations
- Not currently in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
We are here...
- To help youth facing barriers to employment including single parents, youth with disabilities, indigenous youth, young newcomers, and youth in rural and remote areas to develop employability skills by obtaining a full-time 5-month long job experience.
- To help youth develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market; and
- To assist youth with the information and experience they need to make informed career decisions, find a job and/or pursue advanced studies.
Documents required during the placement.
- Assessment Applications Provided by Volunteer Bénévoles Yukon.
- Evaluation Surveys upon Completion.
Other Key information:
For more information or additional requests please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
News Release from VBY and The Honourable Larry Bagnell Announcement (Friday, June 23rd, 2017): Creating Job Opportunities for Youth in Whitehorse/Création de possibilités d'emmploi pour les jeunes de Whitehorse
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Skills Link program