Youth on Board
Are you having difficulty finding full-time, hard-working and responsible employees for your ORGANISATION?
Tired of high turnover?
NO extra funding for employee’s wage and training development?
Youth on Board
Has a Solution for You!
Requirements of the hiring organisation:
- You are a registered Not-for-Profit Organisation located in the Yukon.
- You are willing to provide full-time (between 35 and 37.5 hours per week), continuous employment for 20 weeks
- You are ready to make a difference and help youth gain their first work experience.
- Complete the Intake Form.
Our Mission: To find job opportunities for unemployed youth in Yukon by providing professional and technical training sessions that lead directly to career-building experience with not-for-profit organisations.
Our Vision: To empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
Program Requirements for Youth:
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant territorial or provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
- Have a clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
We are here...
- To help youth facing barriers to employment including single parents, youth with disabilities, indigenous youth, young newcomers, and youth in rural and remote areas to develop employability skills by obtaining a full-time 5 month long job experience.
- To help youth develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market by providing an individualised training sessions.
- To assist youth with the information and experience they need to make informed career decisions, find a job and / or pursue advanced studies.
Completed Intake Form.
- Assessment Applications Provided by Volunteer Bénévoles Yukon.
- Job Offer and Job Description.
- Participant Placement Agreement.
- Participant Placement Restrictions Agreement.
- A copy of your organisation’s Mandate, Policies and Procedures.
- Evaluation Surveys upon Completion.
Other key information:
- Required Information
- Intake Form
- Employee Performace Review
- Request for additional training Form for NGO
- YOB Wage Subsidy Agreement
- The YOB Programme - Policies
Contact the VBY's Youth Engagement Leader with any questions or requests for additional information at email@example.com
News Release from VBY and The Honourable Larry Bagnell Announcement (Friday, June 23rd, 2017): Creating Job Opportunities for Youth in Whitehorse/Création de possibilités d'emmploi pour les jeunes de Whitehorse
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Skills Link program